Welcome to the first annual Sandy Freedom Cup Youth Soccer Tournament! The tournament is a joint-venture between AYSO Sandy Region 354 and AYSO United Utah with a mission to create a fun competition without all the DRAMA that goes along with more competitive tournaments – at a lower cost!
The Sandy Freedom Cup soccer tournament was created as an “intermediate” and “affordable” competition aimed at AYSO summer select or all-star teams AND Utah Youth Soccer Association “club” teams in the “A” or below divisions. This “Open Invitational” tournament IS NOT meant for club teams that are in divisions D2 and higher. Instead, the Sandy Freedom Cup is a FRIENDLY competition where the number one rule is to have fun and have the opportunity compete against teams from all over the state of Utah that are of a similar competitive level.
A few highlights:
- All games are played at ONE location – Union Middle School, in Sandy Utah. Parents don’t have to shuttle siblings to different fields for different age groups.
- Games are played on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday only.
- Every team gets at least THREE games. There are semi-final, finals, and third-place games played on Saturday, so there is a potential to play FIVE games.
- Participants (coaches, players, and referees) will get a souvenir tournament t-shirt.
- Goalie Wars on Friday night!
- Several vendors will be on site with food, equipment, and special guests!
- Team ages from U10 to U15 (all clubs) and AYSO U19 Coed Summer Select teams.
- Awesome referee incentive plan for certified referees interested in reffing games.
Download the team paperwork below for all the rules and referee incentive plan! And come back often to get more information on lodging, sponsors, and special programs associated with the tournament!
More detailed information can be found at the tournament’s official website at www.sandyfreedomcup.com.